Hello everyone! I will be updating this blog at least once a week with a quick wrap-up of each week’s eventful committee and Senate meetings!
Here are this week’s Senate meeting updates:
Kelsey Finn, Executive Director of ASUC Auxiliary
- Cal Dining Food Day will be October 24th from 10am-2pm on Upper Sproul
- Nationwide celebration and movement toward more healthy, affordable and sustainable food.
- What can you expect?
Cooking demonstrations, free samples, student organization booths, musical performances.
Advocacy Agenda Reports
- The Advocacy Agenda is compiled from survey research responses of the larger student body. The 20 senators are divided into 4 committees who sift through the responses into action items.
- Some Action items decided upon by the Advocacy include:
- Informing students about the importance of a student district in Berkeley
- Educating students on procedures when dealing with earthquakes.
- Increasing resources devoted to crime reporting and awareness by students, specifically educating students on what constitutes a hate crime and hate crime reporting procedures.
Behar Nevab, Graduate Assembly President
- Chancellor search meeting ended their meetings and sent their recommendation to UC Regents.
- Mark Yudof will make the final decision on new chancellor by November Regents meeting.
Connor Landgraf, ASUC President
- Rock the Vote Concert at Memorial Glade will be on November 3rd from 7pm-10pm
- Main artist will be Super Smash Bros.
- Get out the vote effort educating students on propositions.
Justin Sayarath, ASUC Executive Vice President
- SURGE Town Hall on October 23rd, at 7pm in Eshleman Library.
- Come voice your opinion on the SURGE process and the relocation of the RAZA Center. Space reapplications for next year released at the meeting.
Natalie Gavello, ASUC Academic Affairs Vice President
- RISE Scholarships: Working to raise money for AB540 Scholarships given by the ASUC.
Shahryar Abassi, ASUC EAVP
- Vote Coalition voter guide on propositions.
- Over 4000 students have registered to vote on campus, we are leading the UC system.